Undead Creature Catalogue

All your event news in detail.

Moderators: Evialla, Cosannie, Tebon, Geijon, Shirkon

Undead Creature Catalogue

Postby Geijon » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:56 am

This is a work in progress. I have also attempted to cluster beasts into areas or list the most popular ones. I know you can find random Skeletal Giants (33), or DarkWoods (13) in small areas, but I'm going for a themed hunting ground feel on these or the most popular undead spots. Feel free to add your own. They will probably play a roll in where we do Favor Hunts. I am also limiting them to level 15 and higher.

I am going to focus on Wehnimers, Solhaven, Pinefar, and Rivers Rest in this first collection.

Temple of Love
WolfShade(15)
Nedum Vereri (18)

The Abbey
Nedum Vereri (18)
Arch Wight (20)

Icemule Proper.

Wooded Plains - Vornavis Caravansary
Wood Wight (20)
Rotting Woodsman (23)

Solhaven's Potters Field basically.

Potters Field
Zombie (23)
Tree Spirit (26)

THE Place to be. In 1994. People cry when you talk about it back then. HA!

Abandoned Farm
Zombie (23)
Tree Spirit (26)
Elder Tree Spirit (30)
Rotting Farmhand (32)
Spectral Woodman(35)

Always a big fan of this Icemule area. Used to underhunt when I was in the area for favor.

Castle Varunar
Spectral Monk (25)
Rotting Corpse (32)
Skeletal Warhorse (37)
Skeletal Lord (41)
Phantasma (42)

Miasmal Forest
Skeletal Soldier (34)
Spectral Black Warhorse(35)
Lesser Moor Wight (37)
Greater Moor Wight (39)
Bog Wraith (41)

River's Rest lucked out.

Shadow Valley
Ghostly pooka (33)
Shadow mare (37)
Shadow steed (38)
Spectral miner (40)
Night mare (43)

A favorite place for many.

Marsh Keep
Giant Spectral Servants (44)
Rotting Chimera (46)
Necrotic Snakes (48)
Flesh Golem (50)
Tomb Troll (52)
Necromancer Troll (54)

Rivers Rest. I might put a map here for this one.

The Broken Lands
Lesser vruul (45)

The Greater Vruul only spawn in two locations here. Luck. Sheruvians are awesome though. Steeds are present too, but very scarce due to only arriving when Sheruvian Harbringers do, which aren't very visible here. Maybe you will skin a Ki'Lin

Pinefar
Frozen Corpse (42)
Ice Wraith (45)
Seekers (52)

Darkstone Castle
Banshee (50)
Nightmare Steed (55)

Before Bonespear one of the only 45-65 undead choices.

BoneSpear
Waern (49)
Dybbuk (48)
Eidolon (55)

Bring someone with who can force stance against Eidolon's or your in for a long ride.

Temple of Luukos
Wind Wraith (61)
Soul Golem (63)

Who doesn't like Pure Potions for free. (Wraiths)

The Citadel
Ethereal Mage Aprentice (54)
Decaying Citadel Gardsman (56)
Rtting Citadel Abalester (58)
Ptrified Citadel Hrald (60)
Pantasmal Bstial Sordsman (62)

I think I was here once. The arrows are not cool, but I'd love to go back.
Geijon

Re: Undead Creature Catalogue

Postby Geijon » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:58 am

I wanted to move these to a seperate area because I do not have first hand experience hunting here. I felt my first post should be what I know best. I'll let other guides or members chime in on the gaps or their favorites.

The Rift
Naisirc (75)
Seraceris (78)
N'ecare (87)
Lost soul (91)
Vaespilon (93)

Pretty certain most of the capped players who need Favor stick to these. Metadi and Cryheart Fu in here.

Temple Nelemar
Spectral Titan Defender (98)
Ethereal Titan Sentry (103)

I hear you can lose weapons here. Perhaps Dionket or someone else can shed some light. Plus this area is mean
Geijon

Postby Geijon » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:44 am

I have not really spent significant time in the Elvan Nations, or Zul Lugoth, to the extent I've been in Wehnimers anyways. During the conversion I used to hunt Skull Temple and I didn't stay there when I lost significant levels. Plus I never could handle Old Ta'Faendryl yet anyways.

Here are the general stats though for the area.

Neartofar Forest
Niirsha (23)
Crazed Zombie (23)
Sacristan Spirit (25)
Tree Spirit (26)
Frenzied Monk (27)

Wraithenmist - Sylvarraend Road
Darken (28)
Ghostly Mara (32)
Spectral Lord (36)

Zul Lugoth
Rock Troll Zombie (34)
Troll Wraith (35)

Black Moor - Sylvarraend Road
Barghest (35)
Luminous Spectre (35)
Greater Moor Wight (39)
Vourkha (39)
Baesrukha (42)
Greater Fetid Corpse (42)

Fethayl Bog - Fearling Pass
Bog Wight (44)
Bog Spectre (47)
Warrior Shade (48)

Maaghara Labyrinth
Shrichken (76)

Old Ta'Faendryl
Lich Qyn'Arj (84)
Geijon

Postby Dionket » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:24 pm

Geijon wrote:Temple Nelemar
Spectral Titan Defender (98)
Ethereal Titan Sentry (103)

I hear you can lose weapons here. Perhaps Dionket or someone else can shed some light. Plus this area is mean

It can be a fun and exciting hunt here, yes. One minor correction to those planning -- these are Tritons, so you would have the Spectral Triton Defender and the Ethereal Triton Sentry. Beware, combat maneuvers are rich in this area, including disarming (defenders, and combatants primarily), so it is easy to lose weapons here.

Dionket's attempting a study of the area to discern how these obviously sentient creatures and their temple comrades live so peacefully side by side, as a curiosity. The important details, as Dionket sees it, though --

============
The Spectral Triton Defender -- a warrior caste, nearly unrivaled in the ability to fight. These warriors seem to be in heavier armors and come with shield (2nd floor areas) and without (3rd floor areas). They use polearms and thrown weapons (handaxes). They have the ability to rush an opponent, I believe what warriors call 'bullrush', the ability to charge an opponent with polearms, and the ability to disarm foes. They frequent areas with their armored living comrades, the triton radical (a paladin caste) and the triton combatant (a warrior caste). I am attempting to study how these warrior classes interact and if one can reasonably predict a fallen combatant, upon intercession from a fellow radical might not be the reason why these defenders are called to the temple's defenses. If so, it may provide a key to unlocking the means to intercede and prevent their continued unnatural presence in the temple.

The Ethereal Triton Sentry -- a sorcerer caste, and incredibly powerful in the ways of sorcerous magics. These creatures generally frequent the 2nd floor areas, and can from time to time attack with their exceedingly heavy runestaves, but their spells are incredibly powerful. These creatures seem to stem from the triton dissemblers (living, also sorcerous and somewhat less powerful than their 'transcended' kin), and the path to their unnatural presence seems the same as it is elsewhere in our lands -- a massive powerful disruption of the elemental and spiritual forces which allows the dissembler to transition to this unnatural state.
============

So, Dionket continues to prod and poke about the temple. There is a very real possibility that all must watch out for. The Sentry can 'summon' allies from adjoining rooms. It is a fairly common scenario where someone is disabled by a Sentry disruption spell or a radical charge, then the Sentry summons allies, a defender or combatant will come in, and disarm you just in time for the Sentry to finish a void and suck away your weapon.

Fortunately, most weapon losses are recovered -- a creature picks up the disarmed weapon and wields it against the rescuers. But the ultimate risk is there.

Doug, portrayer of an elven arch magus of House Phoenix
Dionket

Postby Tebon » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:54 pm

Ahhh critters...just wait til I have my new and improved Critter Compendium done so we can post it here! Not your typical compendium!!

Make note of a couple of things....

Bonespear..
Waerns...quick, 4 second rt
Eidolons...they favor curse...be quick about picking up your weapon.

Broken Lands..
Great Vruul...in the two places they spawn, one of those places is noded, so if you want to actually get the exp from killing them, you'll have to kill one, step out of the room, wait for it to decay, step back in...repeat. Their generation is rare, and is cycled through with gens of monks and harbs that swing claids, so keep that in mind if you see a harbinger and go...ohhh, it's just a harb...no problem...then they hit ya with a claid. Ohh...the harbs that gen in these two rooms, armor and weapons are cursed...naturally.

~Tebon
Tebon

Postby Zylianara » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:38 pm

Tebon wrote:Broken Lands..
Great Vruul...in the two places they spawn, one of those places is noded, so if you want to actually get the exp from killing them, you'll have to kill one, step out of the room, wait for it to decay, step back in...repeat. ~Tebon

Hmm, I complety forgot about the twofold benefit of releasing undead, favor AND earning experience.

Good tactics for those still able to benefit (earn experience) while releasing said Greater Vruul. Admittedly, my desire to find locked things would completely nix the thought of earning experience, had I had the ability.

As a sidebar, does anyone know if they have fixed the trap on the non-noded room door? I have bugged and bugged and bugged the buggy, bug trap (scarab.). They're probably quite tired of me bugging them. 8-)
Zylianara [Zie-lia-nara], Shadow Dancer at Large
Zylianara

Postby Tebon » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:26 pm

Last I knew...it's still buggy

~Tebon
Tebon

Postby Luminasa » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:50 am

Some quick notes:

Eidolons curse, which sucks, but they also Torment. I found that spell to be extremely dangerous when hunting them. Fortunately, waerns and dybbuks are like free favor in a can, so I highly recommend Bonespear.

The Rift is a fabulous place to favor hunt, especially planes 3 (n'ecares, undead warriors that tackle) and 5 (vaespilons implode, beware! But, they can be crit killed. Lost souls a more of an annoyance, they ewave and dispel, and are non-corporeal).

We'll need to go explore the Scatter once it's released, we'll have lots of top level undead to research, I imagine.
Luminasa

Postby Zylianara » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:27 pm

Tebon wrote:Last I knew...it's still buggy

Sheesh, that's been screwy for at least two years.

Buggy, bug traps must not be high on the priority list.

Lament

Oh how I miss the diligent overseer(s) of our locked & trapped things.

/Lament
Zylianara [Zie-lia-nara], Shadow Dancer at Large
Zylianara

Postby Luminasa » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 am

Luminasa wrote:We'll need to go explore the Scatter once it's released, we'll have lots of top level undead to research, I imagine.

Word is that the current events in Icemule are possibly the release event for the Scatter. The Sphere leading from the Cavern of Ages to the Rift has been sucking more spirit out of people than normal (I hope that stops X.x).
Luminasa

Next

Return to Gatherings, Events, and Hunts